Do you want to become a Digital Forensics professional? If yes, this article will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best Digital Forensics courses available in USA.
With each passing year, we are becoming increasingly reliant on Computer and IT systems. We use the Internet and Digital Devices for a wide variety of purposes. For instance, we use them for entertainment, banking, business and shopping!
With the increase in the usage of internet and digital devices, the number of cyber crimes have also increased! This has brought Digital Forensics to the limelight! It is a branch of forensic science that deals with the investigation and recovery of materials and data found in digital devices.
Digital Forensics programs in USA can be broadly classified into the following types –
- Undergraduate Level Programs
- Postgraduate Level Programs
- Doctoral Degree Level Programs
Here, I’ve mentioned courses belonging to each and every level! Thus, high school pass outs, Graduates and Postgraduates will be able to find relevant academic programs in here! Also check – Business analytics and Cyber security courses.
First of all, let us check out what Digital Forensics is all about? In the next section, you will find basic details about this field.
What is Digital Forensics?
As the name suggests, Digital Forensics is a part of forensic science. It primarily deals with the investigation and recovery of materials and data found in Digital Devices.
It is not uncommon to see cyber culprits committing fraud and theft of data and money online! They use internet, computers and other digital devices to carry out such acts. A Digital Forensics professional investigates these devices and collects vital data, evidence and other relevant materials.
It is a broad field and consists of aspects such as –
- Network forensics
- Computer forensics
- Digital Device forensics
- Forensic Data analysis
- Mobile Device forensics
The services of a Digital Forensic specialist comes handy in investigation of cyber and computer crimes. Here are some of the important tasks performed by a Digital Forensics professional –
- Collecting/Acquiring digital devices
- Analyzing the devices
- Forensic Data analysis
Digital Forensics professionals are hired by Corporate Firms, Government Agencies and Private Investigation Firms. Skilled professionals may even start their own investigation firm, consultancy or Digital Security firm.
Come, let us check out the list of courses now. Here they are –
List of Digital Forensics Courses
Let us start off with Undergraduate level programs. Here they are –
1 Bachelor’s Degree Courses
- BS in Digital Forensics
- BS in Digital Forensics and Network Security
- BS in Ethical Hacking and Digital Forensics
- BS in Information Security & Digital Forensics
- B.Eng. in Digital Forensics
- B.Eng. in Cyber Security and Digital Forensics
- B.Eng. in Ethical Hacking and Digital Forensics
- B.Eng. Digital Forensics and Data Analysis
2 Master’s Degree Courses
- MS in Digital Forensics
- MS in Digital Forensics and Network Security
- MS in Ethical Hacking and Digital Forensics
- MS in Information Security & Digital Forensics
- M.Eng. in Digital Forensics
- M.Eng. in Cyber Security and Digital Forensics
- M.Eng. in Ethical Hacking and Digital Forensics
- M.Eng. Digital Forensics and Data Analysis
3 PG Diploma Courses
- PG Diploma in Digital Forensics
- PG Diploma in Digital Security and Ethical Hacking
- PG Diploma in Digital Security and Forensics
- PG Diploma in Cyber Security and Forensics
- Professional Diploma in Cyber Security and Digital Forensics
- Advanced Diploma in Cyber Security and Digital Forensics
4 PG Certificate Courses
- Advanced Certificate in Digital Forensics
- Advanced Certificate in Cyber Security and Digital Forensics
- PG Certificate in Information Security and Digital Forensics
- Certificate in Digital Forensics