Do you want to become a Cyber Security professional? If yes, this article will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best Cyber Security courses available in USA. UG, PG, Doctoral – I’ve mentioned all these programs in this guide!
Cyber Security programs in USA can be broadly classified into the following types –
- Undergraduate Level Programs
- Postgraduate Level Programs
- Doctoral Degree Level Programs
Here, I’ve mentioned courses belonging to each and every level! Thus, high school pass outs, Graduates and Postgraduates will be able to find relevant academic programs in here!
First of all, let us check out what Cyber Security is all about? In the next section, you will find basic details about this field.
What is Cyber Security?
In simple terms, Cyber Security deals with the protection of computer systems.
A Computer System is made up of hardware and software. It stores information and makes use of network technology for internet connectivity. Cyber Security deals with the overall safety of this system.
Thus, a Cyber Security professional is responsible for the safety of computer hardware, software, information and network! It is a broad field and consists of aspects such as – information security, network security, data storage etc.
With each passing day, we are becoming more reliant on Computer Systems. We use them for day-to-day activities such as Banking, Governance, Education, Entertainment, Shopping etc.
Cyber threats and vulnerabilities can lock down computer systems. It poses a serious threat to Businesses, Governments, Hospitals, Schools etc.
Cyber Security professionals are trained in areas such as –
- Digital Forensics
- System Security
- System Testing
- IT Security
- Data Protection and Recovery
- Internet Security
Skilled Cyber Security professionals are hired by IT firms, Government Agencies, MNCs, Cyber Security Firms and Tech Firms.
Come, let us check out the list of courses now. Here they are –
List of Cyber Security Courses
Let us start off with Undergraduate level programs. Here they are –
1 Bachelor’s Degree Courses
- BS in Cyber Security
- BS in Network Security
- BS in IT Security
- BS in Information Security
- B.Eng. in Cyber Security
- B.Eng. in IT Security
2 Diploma Courses
- Diploma in Cyber Security
- Diploma in Information Security
- Diploma in IT and Network Security
3 Certificate Courses
- Certificate in Cyber Security
- Certificate in Internet Security
4 Master’s Degree Courses
- MS in Cyber Security
- MS in Network Security
- MS in IT Security
- MS in Digital Forensics
- MS in Information Security
- M.Eng. in Cyber Security
- M.Eng. in IT Security
5 PG Diploma Courses
- PG Diploma in Information Security
- PG Diploma in IT Security
- PG Diploma in Cyber Security
- PG Diploma in Digital Forensics
- Professional Diploma in IT Security
- Advanced Diploma in Cyber Security and Digital Forensics
6 PG Certificate Courses
- Advanced Certificate in IT Security
- Advanced Certificate in Cyber Security and Digital Forensics
- PG Certificate in Information Security
Choose a relevant academic program based on your educational qualification. Also check – Business Analytics courses.Share this awesome article!